Hope you all had a merry Christmas! It’s been a good week in Taiwan, but soon I’ll be heading back to Beijing. I’ll be there for three weeks before heading back to Philly, and during that time, I won’t have access to WordPress or Bloglovin’; I’ll have posts scheduled, but I won’t be able to reply to any comments (not that I’ve been very good about that lately anyway omg sry). My brothers shared a VPN with me for my phone, so I’ll still be able to access social media; feel free to keep in touch with me via Twitter or Snapchat! Also um, I made it to 52/52 weeks!
*I apologise for the lack of photo in this post. WordPress isn’t letting me upload due to “http error”?! I’m just waiting it out and hoping it’ll disappear. Ugh so annoying. Now is not the time!! Currently trying to get as much sorted for my blog before flying back to Beijing tomorrow where I won’t be able to access WordPress anymore…* *Edit: Finally uploaded photo yayyy*
- On my layover flight from Detroit to Amsterdam, I made friends with the lady sitting beside me! Well, really it was all her. We talked much of the time before takeoff and before we started our movie marathons. It turned out that we both had four hour layovers in Amsterdam before heading to our final destination (her’s Germany, mine Beijing), so we hung out in the Amsterdam airport together for awhile too. While I’ve had conversations with people on the plane before, I’ve never done anything like this before!
- Taiwan. Food. Especially bubble tea. Anything from the night markets. Also new adorable stationary.
- I’ve been wanting a flat brimmed hat ever since the James Vincent McMorrow concert I went to, and I finally found one I loved (and that was affordable) in Taiwan (similar)!
- Also bought a bunch of cute new socks. My socks are so old.
- Hanging out with my brothers. Just chatting. Or watching TV shows. Or scheming.
- Finding new music from TV shows. I used to get a ton from Grey’s Anatomy and Vampire Diaries, but I stopped watching both of those. Lately I’ve been binging Reign on Netflix and have been getting lots of music from it! I finished the first season but I’m not sure whether I’ll continue. I just want to see Bash and Mary together but that won’t happen so what’s the point of watching anymore?! (I ship hard.) (Also speaking of TV shows, I finally watched Black Mirror. That sh*t is intense!! S03E01 was more palatable for me. S03E02 was very inception. S03E03 was too much. I read the episode description for S03E04 before watching it to gauge whether or not I could handle it, so I don’t know how I really feel about it, but it was cool.)
- Currently listening to Take Yours, I’ll Take Mine by Matthew Mole.
What was the highlight of your week?