It’s been an exhausting week of shopping five extra classes and an exhausting weekend of a cappella. It’s only been a week of school, but I am so thankful to have Labor Day off! I am writing this on Monday morning while eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes and wearing yesterday’s clothes (but they were clothes I changed into after my morning run and a shower, after which I didn’t leave the house, so they’re clean!!).
- Jordan and Stephanie came over to our apartment at midnight to surprise me and Kat for our birthday! They brought over two bottles of sparkling cider and a fruit tart.
- Grace, Victoria, Ami, and Julia came over to our apartment in the evening to surprise me and Kat for our birthday! They brought over a variety of snacks and a strawberry shortcake. Especially after Jordan and Stephanie’s surprise in the morning, I totally didn’t expect this second one! It was definitely a better way to end the day than with my 7-10PM class.
- I got a free venti coconut milk mocha macchiato from Starbucks with my birthday reward!
- I was taking the train to UPenn, but when I got on the train, I realised that I had left my wallet at home. I started freaking out internally because my options were either to get off the train and be late to my meeting or stay on the train and not have a means to pay for it. I decided I couldn’t be late to my first meeting with my professor, so I stayed on the train and went up to the ticketer and told him that I had forgotten my wallet at home and that I didn’t have any cash on me, but that I could buy my ticket when we arrived at the station in the city. He was so nice about it and just gave me a slip to mail in the next few days. So that took care of my trip into the city, but I still needed to figure a way back home. I hung out at the UPenn bookstore before my meeting and furiously texted people. I had a friend who I knew would also be in the city for a class at UPenn, so I tried to coordinate a meet up, but as she was still in class, she wasn’t able to respond right away. While I was still texting away in the bookstore, I saw a friend coming up toward me. How serendipitous! She lent me some money and my mind was finally put at ease. Oh what a heart-racing afternoon that was.
- Julia got me a whole takeout box of mac and cheese and Georgina topped it with bacon bits. My friends look out for me :’) (I’m no longer on a meal plan, so I appreciate my friends swiping food from the dining hall for me v much.)
What was the highlight of your week?